Alcoholic beverages are widely produced, sold, and consumed by people all around the world. For some people alcohol consumption is an integral part of their lifestyle.
There is substantial research showing the negative physical effects of alcohol on the body, such as a change in mood or behavior, liver inflammations, and even the development of cancer.
The Origins Of Alcohol
Even the world alcohol itself is enough to cause hesitancy in consuming it.
“Alcohol” has Arabic roots that come from the word “al-kuhl”, meaning “body eating spirit”. It also has connections to the English term for “ghoul” which was used in many instances to refer to a human-eating demon. Sounds a little suspicious to me.
The science behind alcohol seems to point to a similar vibe as well. Alcohol is used to extract the soul essence of an entity. For example, it is used to make tinctures and extracts from herbs and other substances. Why wouldn’t alcohol have a similar effect on the human body?
Consuming alcohol into the body can, in a sense, extract the essence of the soul, allowing the body to become more susceptible to neighboring entities. There is a reason that certain alcoholic beverages are referred to as “spirits”!
Many believe that alcohol consumption causes the soul or spirit to leave the body, thus allowing a dark entity to take over. It is believed that this is why people blackout after consuming excessive amounts of alcohol. This can also explain why many people change their voice, mood, and behavior after drinking a lot of alcohol.
The Marketing Side Of Alcohol Consumption
Alcohol is typically marketed in a unique way that also causes question as to its origins. Many alcohol advertisements are embedded with hidden images and messages that are generally perceivable only through the subconscious.
Because our decision making is largely influenced by our subconscious, this technique is used to trick people into buying and consuming alcohol.
Perhaps in our right minds we would never dream of doing physical and spiritual damage to our bodies and souls, and thus the coercing through subliminal marketing is necessary. It definitely makes you think!
The Damaging Effects Of Alcohol
There is no doubt that alcohol is physically damaging to the body, whether consumed on a single occasion or over time.
- Brain. Alcohol can affect the way the brain looks and works, change your mood, and make it difficult to think clearly.
- Heart. Alcohol consumers tend to have a higher risk of cardiomyopathy, stroke, high blood pressure, and arrhythmias.
- Immune System. Excessive drinking can weaken the immune system and especially put you at risk for pneumonia and tuberculosis.
- Cancer. Alcohol can increase the risk of cancer in the liver, breast, mouth, esophagus, and throat.
- Pancreas. Drinking alcohol can cause the pancreas to produce toxic substances, and may eventually lead to pancreatitis.
- Liver. Alcohol is extremely toxic for the liver and can lead to fibrosis, fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, and cirrhosis.
- Birth defects. Drinking alcohol while pregnant can cause birth defects, deformities, mental retardation, and other issues later on in childhood.
Our bodies and spirits are very closely connected. If alcohol can cause so many issues for our bodies, what do you think it is doing to our spirits?
Being more mindful of your drinking habits, or avoiding alcohol altogether is beneficial not just for your physical health, but may help to create a more wholesome connection with your spirit.
By Emilyn Gil